Tuesday 14 September 2010

Card for my Dad

It's my Dad's birthday at the end of November and I always make him a card, although I can't believe I am finally organised this year and I have made this already. My Mum and Dad live in France and I normally finish his card and post it two days before, so he never gets it in time!! He always forgives me though as he loves to receive a handmade card.



























I have used a digital download from Doodle Pantry and I have coloured this with Copics. It took a long time to colour this and I must admit that I got bored halfway through colouring the leaves!
I am pleased with the result but I can see where I could have improved with the colouring - I just need to practice more. I'm sure my Dad won't notice:)

I mounted the picture onto white card that had been misted with Moonglow moon shadow mist in bucket o'blood, and this was mounted onto paper from Eastern Promise paper pack by Dovecraft.

I didn't have enough matching card to stamp the sentiments so I coloured some white card with antique linen distress ink and this nearly matches. This was mounted in the same way as the picture.

I feel really pleased that I have done this one already, so now I can make more Xmas cards!

Thanks for looking.

Debs xx

No comments: