Monday 6 September 2010

1st Xmas card

I have made my first Xmas card as before the summer holiday I had received new stamps I had bought from Elzybells art stamps  but I hadn't even inked them. I stamped this gorgeous mouse and coloured him last night and I couldn't resist making him into a card straight away. I use this weeks sketch from Friday Sketchers as I always have trouble constructing a different card - I am very much a straight line, matt and layer the image crafter, but I am trying to get out of this habit... This sketch has been brilliant as this goes against everything I normally do. I am entering this into the Friday Sketcher Challenge.





I have used two papers that I have had for ages that are part of a DCWV Xmas book.
I have mounted the mouse on a left over piece of card where I cut a frame from a card with the nestabilities, this was embossed with the cuttlebug and chalked with pale pink chalk. I discovered when I was mounting the mouse that there was another piece of card stuck to the back which was perfect so this was chalked with a soft green. The ribbon with dots on was left over when I made my friends wedding cake and this ties in with the dots on the paper. The pink ribbon was white but I coloured this with copics as I didn't have the right shade.

I am really pleased with this - I think I will be using this stamp quite a lot over the coming months!

Oh well  - best be going to bed!

Debs xx

1 comment:

Sue U said...

Fab card Debs, the image is so cute!! You could also enter this one for Christmas Cards All Year Round (link on my blog

Sue xx